After an unprecedented and challenging year, summer is finally upon us. Although we’re all looking forward to the summer holidays, we know that the impact of COVID-19 on the mental health of our children and youth will continue to be felt for a long time.
To provide parents/caregivers in the HWCDSB community with ongoing support, the HWCDSB’s mental health team has created a newsletter (pdf download below) which focuses on resources and support for students through the summer months, and for the transition back to school in September. Some key highlights include:
• Activities to support your child’s mental health and wellness
• How to access social work services for student in the summer
• Summer group offerings for students
• Emotion Coaching for Parents/Caregivers
• Crisis Resources
• Community mental health resources
• Personal resiliency tips
Need a Social Worker?
Our dedicated team of Social Workers are available to support students during the summer. Please call 905-525-2930, ext. 2880 for more information.